[Office in charge] Global Korea Scholarship Center, Dept. of Higher Education Internationalization
This program is designed to support financial assistance for the international students who are enrolled at undergraduate programs in Korea with no financial support or sponsor.
10 months (March ~ December)
- Must be an international student in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of the Bachelor's or Associate degree at a Korean university at the time of applying;
Previous self-financed scholars who have received the scholarship twice can not reapply
- Must have a total GPA of 80 percentile or higher;
- Must have the previous semester's GPA of 80 percentile or higher; and
- Must have a Level 4 or higher on the TOPIK.
1Announcement of the new-year scholarship program(NIIED→Universities)Mid January
2Submission of application documents (Universities→NIIED)Early March
3Setting up of the Screening Committee (NIIED)Mid March
4Screening of application documents(NIIED)Mid March
5Notice of the selected scholars(NIIED→Universities)Late March
6Scholarship payment (NIIED→Universities)March, September
Benefits, Scholarship period, Payment procedure 지원내역
500,000 KRW per month
||Up to 10 months
(March ~ December)
- NIIED transfers the scholarship money to
the bank account of the relevant universities
(Every Semester, twice a year)
- The universities then pay the monthly scholarship
to the selected students on a monthly basis.